One day at the antiquarian's
I bought a fine mirror
I set it up at home draped in an iridescent violet every time I looked at it I saw the distant past revisited a ghost of elicit splendour inside the mirror a sky was developing in just a corner of tapered grey underlining I thought I saw your monochromatic face you pulled me through into a loud crowd scene of ultraviolet light I enjoyed your company paused still in your everlasting maleficent gaze clouds of the drama imminent were forming
the next day, the mirror said,
'Enter the cinema of sky at your peril' the temptation was too great I stepped through under the canopy of irrevocable violet speaking with the sinistral celestial you reappeared unharmed by the interference of the prismatic interlude never tampered by its unearthly venomous light
'Meet at me at the cinema of sky' you said so I took the tickets the midnight cinema luck, tickets and you a musical of mad dimensions
kicking up our heels with a sun-like style
we danced until the mirror absorbed my conscience back again inside the violet decked room where it all began my dalliance with the moonlight crime
until the ghost became real and sublime
no more the midnight cinema
the molecular musical and you
one evening I returned to the violet parade I caught a glimpse of you, there beside the unearthly mirror outside of it now you asked me to join you but I did not want a share in your malevolent musicianship
Before you left you uttered the words 'cinema of sky' then your image faded the reflection of reality remaining I closed my eyes and wished for the universe 'the choice is yours' Neptune said he pulled me onto the dance floor after he swept me through reminiscence I found you, again, in a density of stars.
permanent in an approximate galaxy
our souls closely interweaving
the path with Andromeda
his theatricality unseemly
aureolian dnacer
About the competition
In conjunction with the exhibition Love, Loss & Intimacy the NGV invites you to create your own piece of writing exploring notions of love, loss or intimacy, under 500 words. If you're over 18 years of age and a Victorian resident, post your entry on the blog (1 entry per person) for the chance to win a romantic weekend getaway for two at Sofitel Melbourne On Collins and lunch for two at Persimmon.
The judging panel is comprised of three judges: Professor Jennifer Strauss (Editor of the Oxford Anthology of Australian Love Poetry), Penny Modra (Editor of Three Thousand; The Age arts columnist) and Richard Watts (Presenter of SmartArts on TripleR).
Entries accepted until 11 July 2010 and the winner of the competition will be announced and their entry recited on 18 July following on from the 2pm Floor Talk.
The judging panel is comprised of three judges: Professor Jennifer Strauss (Editor of the Oxford Anthology of Australian Love Poetry), Penny Modra (Editor of Three Thousand; The Age arts columnist) and Richard Watts (Presenter of SmartArts on TripleR).
Entries accepted until 11 July 2010 and the winner of the competition will be announced and their entry recited on 18 July following on from the 2pm Floor Talk.
No comments:
Post a Comment